Feel like a V.I.P. by taking a thrilling flight on an Airbus Eurocopter AS350 which seats up to 5 persons plus 1 very experienced pilot. Fly over Crete’s amazing sea and landscape, swoop down over the gorges and beaches, or to travel to Santorini, Mykonos, or Gavdos islands - you pick the itinerary!
In addition to the option of an exciting aerial tour, the helicopter company that we work with also offers either one-way or round trip transfers to other areas of Crete, Crete’s airports, or even to other Greek islands.
The specifications for the Airbus Eurocopter AS350 are as follows:
• Empty weight of standard aircraft: 2,690 lbs.
• Maximum takeoff weight: 4,960 lbs.
• Useful load: 2,270 lbs.
• Maximum takeoff weight (with external load): 5,512 lbs.
• Usable fuel capacity (standard tank): 143 gal.
• Powerplant: 1 Turbomeca Arriel 1D1
• Cabin volume: 105.94 cu. ft.
• Baggage compartment volume: 35.3 cu. ft.
• Standard seating capacity: 1+5
• Performance data
• Never exceed speed: 155 kts.
• Fast cruise speed: 133 kts.
• Maximum range (with no reserves): 360 nm.
• Maximum endurance (with no reserves): 4.4 hrs
• Hover In ground effect ceiling (5 ft. skid height): 9,850 ft.
• Hover out of ground effect ceiling: 7,550 ft.
• Takeoff power: 732 shp.
• Rate of climb: 1,675 fpm.
To book a Sightseeing Flight please see your Villas Crete Holidays representative during her set hours in Francoise Cafe in Almyrida. Sightseeing flights are available subject to weather conditions. You must always take your passport with you and please allow extra time before the flight to pass through security at the airport and for a safety talk.